Monday, February 15, 2010

The Art Box


Nicole is hosting this weekly activity over at Tired, Need Sleep. All you
need to do is fill a box full of crafty stuff and leave it out for your kiddo to use all week.
Let them create
whatever they want.

This week we had the TP tubes Johnsie painted last week, baseball foam shapes, stencils, hearts, glitter, paints and crayons.

Last week, when we painted these, Johnsie knew he wanted to make them into a smiley face.

Isn't he cute.

A Valentine for Daddy. I drew a bunch of dots that he could trace for the word DAD but, he wanted nothing to do with it.

Gluing on baseball foam shapes.

Johnsie is really into stencils.

Last week we did some crayon resist and he wants to do it all the time now. He thinks it is magic.

I asked him what he was painting here and he said, "Nothing, I am just painting." He's not so into telling stories with his paintings yet.

Magnifique

4 comments:

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I love that he keeps wanting to do the crayon resist. I'm going to try it again with M this week (it didn't work too well for us recently, so I didn't bother to post about it). His smiley tp guy is really cute! And I loved it when M would paint just to paint... he still does that mostly and only has a story to go with it once in a while. He made a cute valentine for his dad too, and I love those stencils! I'm off to the Dollar Tree today to see if I can find more stencils for M, lol. Thanks for linking up!

Deborah Stewart said...

The crayon resist turned out great!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I love his last picture - it looks so bright. His card for Daddy looks lovely too.

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

You made so many neat things this week! Your son is quite the Picaso, I really like his painting.

Feeds