Saturday, January 9, 2010

What We're Reading


Click the button above to see what others are reading!


This week we read Stretch. D and I really liked this book. It gets you up and moving. We knew this was going to be a good one because we loved reading Wiggle.


.

.

Since it has snowed everyday since we moved here I thought this book was appropriate.

.


Otis is such a sweet book about a little tractor who befriends a calf. After awhile Otis is replaced with a big new tractor that scares the calf. In the end Otis saves the day. We loved this one.
.


Ok, so I wasn't real impressed with this book. I loved that it had very few words and D and I talked a lot about the pictures. BUT, the little boy sneaks out on his babysitter and has a day of fun without anyone knowing. I wasn't happy about the untruthful undertone of the book.
.
Corduroy, on the other hand, is always a great choice. We got this one with the cassette. D loves to sit and listen to books on tape. I would really like to find him a big pair of headphones.

4 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Stretch and Wiggle sound like a lot of fun!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

D and his love of audio books is why I started getting them for M - I'm so glad I did, he loves them! And Corduroy is always a favorite. :) Stretch, Wiggle and the snow one looks like ones we'd love. Off to my library website to see if they have them! Thanks for sharing... and it's so great to have you back!! ;)

Raising a Happy Child said...

Thanks for joining and sharing your books. We love original Corduroy stories here. I have to look for Cronin's books, we haven't read them for a while. And I agree with you on books that send the wrong message - I really don't like it when it happens.

Ticia said...

Stretch looks good. I know I've read some of Doreen Crnoin's books, but can't remember which ones.

Feeds