Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Check Out My Johnson

Ok, So I know that sounds bad but, I thought it was funny.

Anyway, I bought this lovely piece at the thrift store about a month ago. The print isn't a print at all. It's fabric. Not that that has any thing to do with anything. So, anyway, I took out the butterflies and painted the frame black.

Then, I just painted the back side of the cardboard off white. I printed out our last name and the year we were married. If my cricut wasn't already packed this whole process would have been deleted. Anyway, gosh how many times have I said anyway? Anyway, I colored in the back of the words with pencil, just the words, so pencil marks would not be everywhere. This process is basically like using carbon paper

Then I flipped it over. Centered it and traced the letters to transfer the words to the cardboard. After that, I painted them in with black paint. Some of the pencil marks transferred around the letters but, I liked that it gave it a worn, aged look so I actually added some other marks.

It is actually fairly large. The frame is a little over 3 feet long.

I hung it in our entryway. I will probably go in our new family room or dining room.

No comments:

Feeds