Monday, July 20, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday



This is only my 2nd time doing Friend Makin' Monday since we were gone on our road trip for to weeks. So, it worked great for me that the topic is vacations.

Friend Makin' Monday is being hosted by Jolanthe at No Ordinary Moments this week because Kasey is still on vacation.

If you would like to take part in FMM, just click here for the details. Now for the the questions:

1. Tell us about the best {or worst} vacation that you've ever taken.
2. Tell us FIVE places/vacations that you would like to take at some point your life. It doesn't have to be next year...maybe it's the vacation of a lifetime or somewhere you just dream of going years from now.

So
#1 Well I really would have to say that the trip we just took was my favorite. We left our home in MN and went to Mount Rushmore, then to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, then on to Salt Lake City. The Lake was nasty. I don't advise swimming in it. Ishy. Then we were on our way to Reno and from there to my parents in Santa Rosa, CA. We spent 4 days there taking day trips to the beach, the Redwoods, Sonoma, and San Fran.



After we left, we headed to Yosemite and then on to Vegas. My daughter and I went to see Lion King and it was awesome. After Vegas, we went to the Hoover Dam where it was 116 degrees. So, needless to say we didn't stay long and then continued on our way to the Grand Canyon, which was a beautiful site. The next day we stayed in Moab, UT and went to Arches Nat. Park. Now that was a neat place. After that we headed towards Denver and stayed over night in Thornton, CO and our plan was to go to Rocky Mt. Nat. Park but we were all pooped so we decided to head home. We were going to spend the night in Omaha, just to take a break from driving, but we figured we might as well drive the last 5 hours home. We got in about 3:00 am. Whew. That was a trip.


#2. I would love to go to Italy. I am 1/2 Italian so I would love to go and explore the old country. The other 1/2 of me is German so I would also like to check out Germany. Besides that for some reason I always wanted to go to Ireland and Australia.

No comments:

Feeds