Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Well, Well, Well


Our well is now dug.

It went down to 160 ft and it releases 7 gallons per minute.

I am learning SO much building this house. I have no clue about wells or septic systems.

I do know that this little bugger is now sitting on my front lawn and I have been advised to cover him with a fake rock. See, learning IS taking place!

Our siding also started going up today.

Things are really moving along however, our front door still hasn't come in so, Phil just covered up the hole so we won't risk ruining our flooring.

Speaking of flooring, isn't the living room floor gorgeous. I was told it is anyway. Our guys covered it up right after they finished installing it. Preservation, I am told! Please do, because as soon as my big old dogs walk on it, it will get scratched. Oi!

The stairs that lead upstairs are now finished. This makes ME really happy. No more going up and down ladders. It was pretty creepy going up a ladder that was sitting on a false floor.

Next up is installing a railing right where I am standing. I am up on the 2nd floor by the boy's bedrooms.

The stairs leading to the basement were almost finished when I left today.

4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Looks like things are progressing nicely!

Ticia said...

That is soooo cool! And nice pun.

Melissa said...

We have a septic tank and it takes some getting used to as far as food disposal and what can and cannot go down the sink, especially if you are used to disposing of everything down the garbage disposal! Looks like are moving along quite well!

Debbie said...

I am having so much fun watching your home get built. It seems like yesterday your lot was just that an empty lot, now look you have water, and a house!

Feeds