Monday, May 10, 2010

Paint

Garage doors came in and were installed. No opener yet.

Our guys, Phil and Jesse, and myself have been painting in the house. I know why they get paid the big bucks. Their painting is perfect. Mine is all splotchy. I received a wonderful lesson from Phil, but still, mine = yuck. I think I am driving Phil crazy. I am also thinking that when he has time he may just paint over all of mine. Sorry Phil!

I was in love with this color in Ryan's brother's bathroom. My awesome sister-in-law Jodie, had the fore thought to send me home with a paint swatch. I matched it up here to a Benjamin Moore color called Cabot Trail. Hers was called Putty Thanks guys.

This is Manny's room. My camera doesn't have a flash on it so, it is hard to really see the colors we painted. Manny wants a New Jersey Devils theme in his room so, we have red and white walls and we are going to put up a black chair rail. And eventually paint a big Devils symbol on his wall.

Manny's colors are Devoe's Drum Beat and his white is the same white we have in the kitchen and baths, Benjamin Moore's Winter Snow.

Ryan took a picture, from a different angle, of our closet. This is only one end of it. How many times have I mentioned our closet. Can you tell we are excited about it?

Our new tub. We went with the 6 footer because a wonderful, dear friend of mine, Brandi, advised us that we wouldn't regret it. Ryan has already tried it out and he fits perfect. Brandi also told us that we really want to invest in a heater because the water cools off pretty fast with the jets. Thanks my dear!

We told Phil we were getting a 6 footer but, can you say TIGHT FIT. Yowsers!

Manny, of course, had to try it out. Well, actually, we all took our turns sitting in it.

Johnsie's room. He NEEDED to have a green room. I first painted the whole bottom the medium green. Then, I painted random stripes with the aid of masking tape. I really didn't want to bother with measuring, hence the randomness. I think we will do a dark brown chair rail in here.

The brown on top is the same color, Cabot Trail, as the living and dining rooms. And his medium green is Devoe's Crown of Laurel. I just added some black to it to get the darker green and the light green was a oops from Walmart so, I found it on the clearance rack for $5.

At first I used a level to make sure that the tape was straight and that was just taking way too long so, for the 2nd half of the room I just eye-balled it.



This shows Johnsie's whole room.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Love the green stripes! You won't regret the bigger tub!

Expressions by Heather said...

I am SO jealous of that tub... I must have one of my own!

Unknown said...

Yay for painting! Great colors. And that tub...I think I'd soak in it every night!

Nancy

Feeds