Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blades of Grass

Yes, I know Fall is upon us, so, I know it's odd to decorate like spring but, oh well. Plus, up here we are in winter FOREVER, so having a little spring time decor that's permanent isn't a bad idea in my book.

I bought this little daisy tin last spring at the Dollar Tree. I have been looking for a spot for it and finally found one.

I picked up some fake grass from you guessed it, The Dollar Tree. Before cutting the grass I would make a little flat bundle, like above, tape it, and then cut it away from the big bunch.

After further dissecting the bunch, I found that a lot of the grass came in these little bundles. I just trimmed the tops to my desired height and stuck away into some flower foam. I arranged the grass so that it was just in one line across the middle of the foam, instead of all random.

And I plopped it down on this shelf that is in my mudroom. This picture hung in Chickie's room when she was a little girl. I thought that since the curtains I made for the half bath and mudroom have daisys, this picture would fit in perfectly.

So, no, I am not going to change this out for Fall decor in the next few weeks. I am going to keep my little reminder of spring around all year long.

No comments:

Feeds