Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Premature? Maybe

A few days ago Johnsie and I got into our Halloween decor stash.
Premature? Maybe.



The rest of the family thought so anyway. The big skull was purchased last year at Target on clearance. The little glitter skull is from the Dollar tree and the spooky house was a clearance item from last year too. It came assembled. We just had to decorate it. Chickie and Ryan helped. Yeah, it is old candy but, who cares.

The candelabra is from the thrift store. The candles, crow, and creepy material are from the Dollar Tree. And we found a ton of old books at a garage sale this past weekend. I need to melt the candles down a little to get them a little more spooky.

Grammy gave us this cutie last year.

These skulls are from the Dollar Tree, of course and the jar is a thrift store find.

I bought this plate last year on clearance at Gordman's. One of my favorite shopping days of the year is the day after Halloween. Awesome day to load up on dress up clothes too. I have actually bought clearanced costumes and saved them for Christmas gifts.

Johnsie thought we needed a bat.

Specifically, a two-headed bat. He is so proud of this guy. This was great scissor practice for him. He cut the 2 big circles.

This is just the beginning of decorations. I figure, I need to wait until at least October 1st for the rest.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

So funny! I'm actually waiting to put up my fall decor but I'm not sure why! It's still 90 degrees out here so it's hard to remember it's fall (or almost)!

Alison@howdoesshe said...

Bring on Halloween:) I think I've had mine out for a month! YAY!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Stores already display them, so no, you're not that early :-)

I'm blog hopping on Friday for the first time, and loving it!

Anonymous said...

New follower here stopping by from SassySites Blog Hop today :-) Look forward to getting to know you! Hop on over and check out our blog! We look forward to seeing you!

Carrie A Groff
http://livingahealthybeachlife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

New follower here stopping by from SassySites Blog Hop today :-) Look forward to getting to know you! Hop on over and check out our blog! We look forward to seeing you!

Carrie A Groff
http://livingahealthybeachlife.blogspot.com

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for being a part of our Sassy Sites blog party! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites!
http://sassysites.blogspot.com/

superpaige said...

FUN! I've been wanting to get my halloween stuff out, too.

Feeds