Sunday, July 4, 2010

Grumplestiltskin

Ok, so the other day I was a total Grumplestiltskin. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get anyone worried, Dad. Because really, so what if the house isn't done yet. It will be eventually. Seriously, who am I to complain. I am living in a brand new house. SO many people in this world will never be able to say that and actually can't even imagine it.

So, Here Comes the Sun, right?

Things are slowly being finished. My biggest concern really was the grouting of the counter tops phase. They need to cure for like 4 days. I was wondering how in the world am I going to be able to keep things off them for that long. Well, the light bulb went off over my head. This Thursday we are heading down to Jersey for a family reunion and we will either be coming home Sunday night or Monday morning. Counter tops issue solved. Phil is going to work on them while we are away.

The bulldozer smoothed out our yard yesterday. Most of the molding is finished. Carpet for our closet comes in on Tues. And, right now black top is cheaper than concrete. So, we may end up with a beautiful driveway to boot.

Plus, Ryan installed our new mailbox post, (the guy dropping off our storage trailer ran the mailbox over, he did give us $100 for it) so, that is not hanging all kiddywampus anymore.

Oh yeah, and we are supposed to get internet Tuesday. Yay.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

The joys of moving into a brand new house! Oh but you are going to love it when all is said and done!

Feeds