Thursday, July 8, 2010

Back in Business, Well Sorta

So, our internet is working but, our wireless isn't. So, here I sit on the floor next to our only working outlet. But, hey we have internet.

No air conditioning however, in this NY heat wave. The high today was 96 degrees. It has been super hot for like the past 5-6 days. I can't say we have no air conditioning because 2 days ago we purchased a portable one that lives in our bedroom. We just couldn't take it. We needed to have someplace to go for refuge. Granted most of our day is spent down on the main floor. But, occasionally we each take a break and lay on our bed for awhile. The boys have been sleeping on our floor these past few nights too.


No TV yet. The Dish Network people say they can't get here until the 20th. Ryan isn't too happy about that. He'd like to be watching the Tour de France.

Ok, I am going to post pics that I should never post. The house is a total mess. Boxes here and there. Molding pieces here and there. Etc. So, bear with me.

This is what it is like living in a construction zone. Chaos truly breeds chaos.

The left side is our junk and some of our builder, Phil's and the right side is all Phil's. Ryan can't wait to organize this place.

Our mud/laundry room. We will be putting in a laundry sink as soon as we have our last electrical inspection. I guess you have to have a 3 foot perimeter around the fuse box. The plumbing is all there and ready. We just have to hide it for now. Shhh.

Open faced lockers will go along the left wall eventually.

Half bath. So exciting, I know.

So, I already told you chaos breeds chaos. We have so many little things that don't have a space yet and they seem to congregate on our peninsula. And, Manny is getting an evening snack.


Tonight I have to clear everything off the counters so that Phil can grout them while we are gone.

The dining room. Ryan thought this was going to be such a wasted space. So, what we have started to do is that, whenever we are all around for supper we eat in here. Otherwise, the boys can sit at the peninsula or the kitchen table.

The fireplace is a work in progress. We still don't know exactly what we are going to do for a mantle and surround. But, for sure the TV is going here. I still am not so sure about that one. I had grand ideas for decorating this bugger.

Our computer area. For now anyway. This is where I am currently sitting. Poor Manny has been deprived of internet for weeks.

The area above our front closet. This is also a work in progress. I am not sure what I all want here.

Our entry light.

Manny's room

Johnsie's room.

The attic. Remember chaos breeds chaos. The way back left is all organized but, you can't see it with all of the junk in front.

Yay, our closet is finally ready.

Now the biggest problem is that Ryan and I can't decide how we want to organize it.

And because we can't decide, our room looks like this. Boxes of clothes line the walls. The carpet in the closet just went in yesterday so, we couldn't pile our boxes in there.

Master bath

Master shower. Another thing that we are waiting for.
I love the front of our house. It looks just like I wanted. Of course, you need to imagine the grass and flowers like I do. And the painted porch.

The pots sitting on the steps have the 50 trees and shrubs we bought back in April. We only lost like 6 total.


The boys were watching some deer in the area between our 1st and 2nd tree line.

We are hoping to plant some shrubs around our pretty propane tank. Again, you need to imagine grass and a patio this time.

Sorry for the picture overload.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you are having to live there through all of this. Manny's room looks nice....lucky boy to have a room all put together! Hang in there! Can't wait for it all to be done so we can have another picture overload!

Angie said...

I am so glad that you are moved in. That has to be a great feeling. All your stuff is there, no matter if organized or not...you are in your new home!

I am so happy for you...whoohoo!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Ok, I know the house is crazy since you just moved and all, but holy cow!!!! I am super-jealous of your kitchen!!! It looks amazing!!

So happy for you in your new home!!!

Nanny Dee said...

Hi Cindy --

I haven't visited in awhile -- love your new look and new site.

Congratulations on your new home -- it is beautiful. It takes awhile to get settled, so don't stress the moving mess!

Can't wait to catch up on what you've been doing and reading your past blog posts!

Dee :D

Feeds