Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Making Bread


What a great day! First, I woke up before everyone and I do have to say that it was nice to have some alone time. Then I was made wonderful french toast (my request) that was made from bread that the boys and me made the day before.

They love helping make bread. D spends most of his time making faces and monsters out of his and N usually uses his as a punching bag.

D and I got in a nice 1 1/2 hr long nap today. We both could have slept longer but we got a late start. Oh well.

The rest of the day we just kinda hung out and went grocery shopping. R and the kids made a tasty supper of shrimp, asparagus, baked potatoes, (sweet potato for N and me) and a great salad, if I do say so myself since, that is what I contributed to the meal. We of course had some yummy homemade bread to go along with it.

I forgot to mention that I did get some beautiful roses from my boys today and A came home from work with 3 Butterfingers for me. I am truly loved. It was a little suspicious however, that dishes still weren't done at 10:00 pm and no one seemed to notice that I was doing them until the very end. What's with that guys? I would have gladly done them earlier but you said, "No."

Lesson learned today- N learned that if you put an Arby's Roast Beef sammy in the microwave with the foil wrapper still on, it starts on fire within 3 seconds. Cool. No harm done and all is well. He said his sammy still tasted great.

No comments:

Feeds