Saturday, May 9, 2009

Here We Are

I have wanted to start a blog for a while now. I am excited to document the lives of my children and the joys and challenges of marriage.




I have been married to the same wonderful man for 16 yrs. We married when we were just 18. Our daughter was 4 months old on our wedding day. With all odds against us we have prevailed and are still in love. Of course, there are times that we drive each other nuts but for the most part we are crazy for one another.




Our daughter A will be 17 in June. I know people always say time flies but, boy does it. She was just a little baby in my arms and now she only has 1 yr. before college. A loves acting in plays and participating on the speech team. She is a wonderful older sister. I is fun watching her blossom into a caring young woman. Just a yr. ago she was so into her own life that she could care less about the rest of us. She was a true teenager. Now, she engages with her younger brothers and actually seems to enjoy spending time with them. And with us too.




Our older son N is 11. He loves hockey and also enjoys football, baseball and track. He really does not enjoy school. Last yr. and this yr. has been a challenge to get him excited about it. N. now seems to be taking on her sisters roll as the "pain in the butt teenager." He isn't fully there yet but we see the developing signs. UGH!




D our youngest, is a true blessing. We thought long and hard about having a third child. He was born when A was 14 and N was 8. D is now 3 and not a day has gone by where we haven't enjoyed him. He puts a smile on all of our faces with his funny antics.




I hope to post each day on one child and highlight what they have been up to. I also plan to discuss R and I somewhere in there along with recipes and pics of the dogs and any goings on.

No comments:

Feeds